Baccarat Controlled Squeeze (baccarat)
Baccarat is a comparing card game played between two hands, the “player” and the “banker”. Each round of play has three possible outcomes: “player”, “banker”, and “tie”.
The objective in Baccarat is to predict whose hand will win by having the value closest to 9.
The game is hosted by a dealer and is played with eight standard 52-card decks. Card values are as follows:
- Aces are the lowest cards and are worth 1 point each.
- Cards from 2 to 9 are worth their numerical face values.
- 10s and face cards (jacks, queens and kings) are each worth 0.
Only the numeric value of each card is relevant in the main Baccarat game; each card’s suit (hearts, spades, clubs or diamonds) is irrelevant.
Prior to each deal, you must place your bet on whether the Player or the Banker will win the round by having the hand with a value closest to 9. You also have the option to bet that the round will end in a Tie, which occurs when both the Player and Banker hold hands of equal value.
The dealer begins by dealing two cards each to the Player and to the Banker.
Two hands are dealt in Baccarat: one hand to the Player and one hand to the Banker.
If the Player and Banker hold hands of equal value, the round ends in a tie. The Tie bet wins, and bets on the Player and Banker push (are returned).
Each hand’s value is calculated by dropping the tens digit in a hand otherwise worth 11 or more. For example, a hand consisting of a 7 and a 9 is only worth 6 in Baccarat (because 16-10=6). Similarly, a face card plus a 9 will be worth 9.
If the Player or the Banker receives an initial two-card hand worth 8 or a 9 (a “natural” 8 or 9), no additional cards will be dealt to either hand.
If the Player and Banker receive initial two-card hands worth 0-7, the “Third Card Rule” is consulted to determine if a third card is to be dealt to either hand or both hands. The Player always goes first.
If the player’s hand totals zero to five, a third card is drawn.
If the total is six or seven, it stands.
If it’s eight or nine, this is called a ‘natural’ and stands.
If the banker’s hand totals zero to two, a third card must be drawn regardless of the player’s hand.
If the banker’s hand totals three, banker does not draw the 3th card if the card on Player was 8.
If the total is four and the value of the player’s hand is two to seven then a third card is drawn.
If the total is five and the value of the player’s hand is four to seven then a third card is drawn.
If the total is six and the value of the player’s hand is six to seven then a third card is drawn. But only if the player’s total was made with three cards.
If the total is seven the banker must stand.
If the banker’s hand has a value of eight or nine then the banker and the player both stand.
If you place a bet on the Player or Banker at a Baccarat Control Squeeze table, you have the option to squeeze (or slowly reveal) the cards in the wagered hand yourself thanks to special animated overlay masks in the game interface. (The cards are dealt face-down onto glass panels set into the table. The card faces are captured by cameras under the table but obscured by the overlay masks, which the player can slowly peel back by clicking or tapping on the corner or edge of the card.) To increase the suspense, therefore, move your cursor over the cards while they are face down to slowly reveal their values. You can click/tap the cards in the competing hand to instantly reveal them. Squeezing is permitted only during a certain allotted time in each round.
- Player Pair - Pays if the first two cards dealt to the Player constitute a pair.
- Banker Pair - Pays if the first two cards dealt to the Banker constitute a pair.
- Perfect Pair - Pays 25:1 if two identical cards (in terms of value and suit) are dealt as the first two cards to either the Banker or the Player
- Perfect Pair - Pays 200:1 if two identical cards (in terms of value and suit) are dealt as the first two cards to both the Banker and the Player.
- Either Pair - Pays if either the Banker or the Player hand is a pair.
- Player Bonus - Pays when the Player wins the round on a natural 8 or 9 or by at least four points.
- Banker Bonus - Pays when the Banker wins the round on a natural 8 or 9 or by at least four points.
Your payout depends on the type of bet placed.
Banker 1:0.95 (5% commission is charged)
Player Pair 11:1
Banker Pair 11:1
Perfect Pair - One pair: 25:1
Perfect Pair - Two pair: 200:1
Either Pair 5:1
Hand Combination Odds
- Non-Natural hand wins by 9 points, 30:1
- Non-Natural hand wins by 8 points, 10:1
- Non-Natural hand wins by 7 points, 6:1
- Non-Natural hand wins by 6 points, 4:1
- Non-Natural hand wins by 5 points, 2:1
- Non-Natural hand wins by 4 points, 1:1
- Natural win, 1:1
- Natural tie, Push
Return to Player
The optimal Return To Player(RTP) percentage for Baccarat is 98.94%*.
The following table displays the return-to-player percentage on the different optional side bets.
Side Bet Return to Player
Banker Pair 89.64%
Player Pair 89.64%
Perfect Pair 91.95%
Either Pair 86.29%
Player Bonus 97.35%
Banker Bonus 90.63%
*RTP based on optimal strategy for Banker bet.