What do you get when you mix three industrious dwarves who own a gargantuan mine with lots and lots of explosives? The Boom Brothers! This 5-reel video slot has 20 bet lines and players will have a blast with the surprise animations: if bomb-throwing dwarves don’t get players wanting more, maybe the sight of the crazy jetpacker will. The game has the usual Free spins and Wild substitutions, but just to keep players on their toes, we’ve thrown in avalanches, spinning symbols, and a whole raft of animated special effects.
- Players can select the coin value and bet level before starting the game round.
- The buttons on the key pad perform the following different game actions:
- Clicking the left and right arrows increases and decreases the bet level (i.e. number of coins per bet line) by 1. To increase or decrease faster, the player can click and drag the slider below.
- Clicking the Spin button starts a game round at the current bet level and coin value
- MAX BET plays the game at the highest bet level and the current coin value.
- Clicking the left and right arrows increases and decreases the coin value to the next level. To increase or decrease faster, the player can click and drag the slider below.
- Clicking AUTOPLAY automatically plays the game for the selected number of rounds.
- When the player clicks the spin button, the amount bet is debited from the current credit (available coins and credit). The reels automatically come to rest, or can be stopped by the player by the clicking the spin button (G4 mode disabled only).
- Players can win on any one of the bet lines on which they bet. The game highlights which lines are winners and how much has been won on each line. The total winnings are added together and shown in the Win box. The amount won is added to the cash and displays in the game panel.
Reel Spin Acceleration
- Anticipation of winning is enhanced with a reel spin acceleration that starts when 2 scatters appear on the reels.
Scatter and Wild Symbols
- The wild symbol explodes when it is on a winning bet line.
- Regular Wild substitution. The wild symbol substitutes for any symbol except the bonus and Railtrack symbols.
- Free spins are activated when 3 or more scatter symbols appear. But this is no ordinary Free spin scenario.
- Each of the scatter symbols spins on its own axis to reveal a number.
- The sum of all the revealed numbers is the total number of Free spins won.
- Free spins are played out as usual, however, the win multiplier throughout is x3, and additional scatter symbols (which also spin and reveal numbers) are added to the remaining Free spins. When Free spins have ended, the player is returned to the main game. Free spins can also be won during any of the 2nd chance features.
2nd Chance Win Features
- A game round doesn’t always result in a win, but in Boom Brothers, there are second chances for the player. There are 4 random game play events that could turn a non-winning round into a winner. And that’s not all—the 2nd chance trigger is random.
- The 4 events feature 3-D animations of the brothers interacting with the game reels and symbols:
- A dwarf in a cart places a bomb at the base of up to 3 reels. When the bomb(s) explode, the symbols are obliterated, leaving room for an avalanche of new symbols which fall into the empty reels.
- A dwarf on a platform with a special lever sets one or more reels spinning and uses the same lever as a break to stop the spin.
- A dwarf in a home-made mine lift moves around the reels placing bombs on symbols. The bombs explode, and the symbols are replaced with wild symbols.
- A dwarf with a jetpack flies to a symbol and hits it to make it spin on its vertical axis.
- The resulting change of symbols may make up winning bet lines which pay out according to the same paytable rules as the normal part of the game.
- Three Railtrack symbols on a bet line triggers the Railtrack feature. Animations take over to enrich the entertainment factor of this game. The Railtrack symbols drop down into a line in the centre row and change shape to form a track. The player re-spins the last two reels in an attempt to complete the track so that the dwarf can get to the bonus game.
- Special multipliers ensure that even if the track is not completed, the player will leave this feature with some type of win:
- When the entire track is completed, the bet value at the time the feature was triggered is multiplied by 4, and the player moves on to the bonus game.
- When 4 out of 5 track pieces are completed, the bet value at the time the feature was triggered is multiplied by 3, and the player is returned to the main game.
- When only 3 track pieces are completed, the bet value at the time the feature was triggered is multiplied by 2, and the player is returned to the main game.
- The railtrack feature can be won during Free spins. The player is returned to the Free spins at the end of the Railtrack feature or bonus game if there are more Free spins to play.
- The bonus game automatically starts when the Railtrack feature ends with a complete set of tracks. Packed with incredibly detailed 3-D animation and humour, the stage is set for the player to have the very best bonus game experience around.
- The bonus game starts with the infamous Boom Brothers lining up on the left side of the game screen, each in their own custombuilt mine cart on their own unique set of railtracks. The railtracks run to a rock face on the right of the game screen. Each railtrack runs to a rock face containing gold, diamonds, or rubies.
- Below them, a set of 3 carts are wheeled in. Hidden inside each cart is a pile of gold, diamonds, or rubies. In some cases, there is also a move multiplier. The player must select a cart to reveal which of the dwarves will move and by how much.
- After a dwarf has moved, the carts below are replaced, and the player must select again.
- This continues until one of the dwarves has reached the rock face (5 steps in total). The player wins the bonus coins associated with the winning dwarf’s rock face.
- Win animation ends the bonus game and the player is returned back to the main game