Free Bet Blackjack Review
Free Bet Blackjack is a fantastic blackjack variant that features exciting side bet selections with a bit of a twist. The game’s success can be attributed to its creator Geoff Hall, who also invented massive titles like Power Blackjack, Zombie Blackjack and Blackjack Switch. The game of blackjack has definitely come a long way since its first debut at land-based casinos back in the 1900s. An abundance of creative opportunities was spurred by the rise of innovation, which led to blackjack tables with features one can only dream of. While blackjack was in favour back then, it has only gotten more popular now thanks to Hall and other talented creators like him.
With the release of Free Bet Blackjack, Evolution is bringing you one of Hall’s most successful games, and we’re here to break it all down. We’ll cover the gameplay and game rules as well,
so that you can master this blackjack game and become a chief player.
About Free Bet Blackjack — Evolution
Free Bet Blackjack is one of Geoff Hall’s many brilliant blackjack tables that allows players to place free bets as well as four optional side bets. The game began its journey when it was released at the Golden Nugget Casino in Las Vegas in 2012 and has only picked up speed since then. The game was released in 2019 by Evolution (previously Evolution Gaming) as part of the provider’s Infinite series, alongside Infinite Blackjack. It offers a simplified strategy and more doubles and splits than the conventional blackjack game, yet still adds a layer of complexity — perfect for beginners and those seeking a challenge.
Seasoned players will have no issue picking up the overall gameplay, as it is still heavily based on the classic game. What sets this game apart and makes it unique in its own right are the interesting side bets and additional rules, which allow players to place bets without tapping into their bankroll on qualifying hands. It is fun, fresh and brings something totally new to the table. If you enjoy dynamic, entertaining games, then Free Bet Blackjack is the game for you.
Free Bet Blackjack Gameplay
Despite all the additional features, Free Bet Blackjack is actually quite an easy game to pick up, making it perfect for budding players looking to try something new.
Like other blackjack games, the aim is to obtain a hand with a value of as close to 21 as possible without surpassing it, otherwise you’ll go bust and lose the round. In order to win, players must also get closer to 21 than the dealer. The hand that awards an instant win is ‘blackjack’ — when your first two cards are an ace and a 10-point card, adding up to 21 exactly.
Before the round begins, you will be given a set amount of time to place your wager. You can do this by selecting one of the different coloured chips found on your screen, each holding their own wager value. During this time, you may also choose to place a bonus bet. Once this time has elapsed, the live dealer will go on to distribute two cards, after which you will be presented with the following options:
- Hit — Drawing an additional card.
- Stand — Retaining your current hand value.
- Double Down — Doubling your wager and receiving one additional card.
- Split — Doubling your wager and splitting your cards into two separate hands
- Free Double — Doubling for free on hard totals of nine, 10 or 11.
- Free Split — Splitting for free on all pairs except 10-point cards (10s, jacks, queens and kings). Splitting one of the unqualified hands places a wager equal to the original bet on the second hand.
Players may also choose to take Insurance, although it is not recommended for those using a basic blackjack strategy when wagering. If both you and the dealer earn a hand with the same value, then you’ll both push.
You can win the game in one of three ways:
- Your hand is closer to 21 than the dealer’s.
- You earn a hand with a value of 21 exactly.
- The dealer goes bust.
Remember, knowing the card values is an integral part of playing at any blackjack table, as this knowledge is imperative to creating a strong wagering strategy. Cards that range between two and 10 are taken at face value, while jacks, queens and kings have a value of 10. The ace card has two values — 11 or one; the value it takes depends on the state of your hand. A hand containing an ace with the value of 11 is known as a soft hand.
Bonuses and Special Features in Free Bet Blackjack
Aside from the Free Split and Free Double free bets, Evolution spices up the gameplay with four optional side bets that offer additional payouts aside from the main wager. The rules and payouts of these bonus wagers can be found in the game rules section, accessible by clicking the ‘?’ button.
- Any Pair — The Any Pair wager allows players to bet on the combination of the first two cards of their hand holding the same value. This wager pays out fairly well, with unsuited pairs and suited pairs paying 8:1 and 25:1 respectively.
- Bust It — This side bet allows players to to wager on the dealer’s hand exceeding 21 and going bust. If the player has blackjack, then this side bet is pushed. How this wager pays depends on the number of cards the dealer has when busting — starting from 1:1 on three cards to 250:1 on eight or more cards.
- 21 + 3 — This wager pays out if a three-card poker hand is formed from the player’s first two cards and the dealer’s upcard, including suited trips, straight flush, three of a kind, straight and flush. The payouts of these hands can be found in the game’s rules.
- Hot 3 — The Hot 3 bet allows you to bet on the combination of three cards formed from the player’s two cards and the dealer’s upcard. There are several combinations players can wager on, each with a different payout. A total of 19 pays 1:1, 20 pays 2:1, 21 unsuited pays 4:1, 21 suited pays 20:1 and three sevens has a payout of 100:1.
These side bets are completely optional and are independent bets, implying that players can win even if their main wager is lost.
Tables like Free Bet Blackjack are the perfect examples of how far the game has come, as it includes elements of innovation while also still sticking to its roots. If your casino experience is getting a little stale, Free Bet Blackjack may be the perfect choice to add a little extra entertainment to your gaming. It forms part of the Infinite series powered by Evolution, brought to you with high quality streaming, seamless gameplay and an epic online casino experience if you play at LV BET.
This live blackjack table is one of many live Evolution games in our arsenal. But if games like Free Bet Blackjack and Infinite Blackjack don’t catch your attention, our casino bonus offers definitely will. Keep an eye out for Live Casino bonus promotions including a No Deposit Bonus, Deposit Bonus or bonus codes that boost your experience with us to the max. New LV BET players can also benefit from a fantastic Welcome Bonus, which they can use to play all live dealer games at our Live Casino and thousands of amazing slots!
Play Free Bet Blackjack and other games from Evolution alongside an unlimited number of players at our Live Casino for a true LV BET experience.
Although live Free Bet Blackjack follows many of the same rules of the original game, there have been a few changes to take note of as they can have a direct impact on your strategy.
- This table is played with eight decks.
- The live dealer stands on a soft 17.
- Free Double on hard nine to 11.
- Place split bets for free on all pairs except 10, J, Q and K.
- Players cannot double down after a split.
- Players can double down on two cards only.
- One split is allowed per hand.
- Players cannot surrender.
- If the dealer busts with 22, all bets are pushed.
- Four optional side bets available.
- Six Card Charlie Rule — any player with six cards adding up to 21 or less will be considered the winner.