Power Blackjack Review
Power Blackjack is a fantastic variation of the traditional game of blackjack. This impressive blackjack game is the brainchild of the very creative Evolution, as Power Blackjack includes features and mechanics you probably have never encountered before. With four optional side bets and the ability to double, triple or quadruple down, this Live Casino game is not one to be missed. Take one of the unlimited number of seats and join us as we dive deep into what this live dealer game is all about and see what brilliant features Evolution has cooked up.
About Power Blackjack
Blackjack has been a well-loved game for centuries, and it only got better over time as blackjack has become even more fun and exciting than ever before! Thanks to the digital revolution of Live Casino games, providers like Evolution can include additional features that you won’t find at a typical land-based casino — the creative opportunities are endless!
Power Blackjack forms part of Evolution’s Infinite line of games, and like every Infinite game, Power Blackjack features an unlimited number of seats with a very elegant studio design along with easy-to-use mechanics and HD live streaming.
Brace yourself as Power Blackjack is guaranteed to knock your gaming socks off. The best part about this blackjack game is that, while it includes multiple special features and bonus bets, the underlying gameplay remains unchanged and stays true to its core.
Power Blackjack Gameplay
The gameplay of Power Blackjack is basically the same as regular blackjack, but with a few exceptions. If you’re still a budding blackjack player, don’t worry about all the additional features in this live blackjack game, as you’ll pick up the gameplay in no time!
The aim, like always, is to obtain a hand with a value as close to 21 as possible without surpassing it; otherwise, you’ll go bust and lose the round. You must also try and obtain a hand with a value closer to 21 than the live dealer. With that said, there are three ways to win:
- Earning a hand closer to 21 than the dealer.
- The dealer going bust.
- Earning ‘blackjack’ — a hand consisting of a 10-point card and an ace, adding up to 21 exactly.
Knowing how each card is valued is an essential part of playing at any blackjack table, as it heavily ties into your strategy and overall gameplay. Cards ranging from two to eight are taken at face value (The nines and 10s are removed from all decks). Face cards like jacks, queens and kings all have a value of 10, and the ace cards are either counted as one or 11, depending on the state of your hand.
To begin playing, the first step is to place a bet within the allotted betting time frame. Don’t worry if the time expires before you place your bet, you can always wait for the round to finish and join in on the next one.
To place a bet you must choose between one of the different coloured chips found on your screen — remember to always place bets within your betting limits. During this time, you may also choose to place one of the four side bets. Once the betting time expires, simply wait for the live dealer to hand out your first two cards. You will then have to choose between the following options:
- Hit — Draw an additional card.
- Stand — Remain with your current hand.
- Double, Triple or Quadruple Down — Double, triple or quadruple your bet and receive an additional card.
- Split — Split your cards into two separate hands.
If both you and the dealer earn a hand with the same value, then you’ll both push.
You can also choose to take Insurance if you would like to take some precautions, but it is only offered when the dealer shows an ace. The basic blackjack strategy cannot be used in Power Blackjack; instead, players must use a Power Blackjack strategy. If you ever have any doubts on how this live blackjack game is played, you can access the Power Blackjack rules at any time, even in between rounds!
Power Blackjack Special Features and Bonuses
The special features and bonus bets are what make this blackjack game so unique and fun. Evolution has taken blackjack gameplay to a whole new level with four side bets. Players can place a side bet during the allotted wagering time. If you want more information on how these bonus bets work, you can find everything you need under the rules of the game.
- Bust It — The Bust It side bet involves wagering on the dealer’s hand surpassing 21 and going bust. This bonus bet is pushed if the player has blackjack. How this side bet pays depends on the number of cards the dealer has when busting — starting from 1:1 on three cards to 250:1 on eight or more cards.
- Any Pair — The Any Pair side bet involves wagering on whether the player’s first two cards will have the same value. Your payout will vary depending on the pair you obtain; an unsuited pair has a payout of 8:1 and a suited pair has a payout of 25:1.
- Hot 3 — The Hot 3 side bet involves wagering on a specific combination of three cards formed from the player’s two cards and the dealer’s upcard. There are several combinations players can win with, each offering a different payout. A total of 19 pays 1:1, 20 pays 2:1, an unsuited 21 pays 4:1, a suited 21 pays 20:1 and three sevens will pay 100:1.
- 21 + 3 — The 21+3 side bet involves wagering on whether the player’s first two cards and the dealer’s upcard form a three-card poker hand. These include suited trips, straight flush, three of a kind, straight and flush.
The best part about these side bets is that, even if your main bet falls through, you still have a chance of earning a payout with a side bet. With that said, remember these bonus bets are completely optional, so you can choose to abstain from placing one if you wish.
Aside from these awesome bonus bets, when playing Power Blackjack, players can also double, triple or quadruple down on their hand after the first two cards are drawn. This option is a not-so-subtle upgrade from the typical double down bet, as a decision like this can also be made even after a split.
We can say, without a doubt, that this Live Casino game is a fan-favourite live blackjack game that offers brilliant gameplay and a stellar live studio performance. With its dynamic features and mechanics, players are given that authentic Live Casino gaming experience down to the last detail — there is no other game quite like Power Blackjack! Evolution is an absolute genius when it comes to creating online casino games, and Power Blackjack is as good as it gets.
Since there is no free demo to try, you can always sit back and watch other players go through some game rounds without having to place a bet. Watch how the game progresses and interact with other players and the dealer too.
If you want to try out a different live table, LV BET hosts many other blackjack games for you to try including blackjack games from Evolution’s Infinite series! Take a crack at Infinite Blackjack, Speed Blackjack, Free Bet Blackjack and more. On the flip side, other intriguing Live Casino games you might want to take a look at include Immersive Roulette, Texas Hold’em Poker and Dragon Tiger — all of which are part of the Evolution family!
While many of the same regular blackjack rules apply, the rules of this live blackjack table do have a few changes that may impact your blackjack strategy
- Played with eight decks.
- All nines and 10s are removed from the decks.
- The dealer will always stand on a soft 17.
- Dealer checks for blackjack on jack, queen, king and ace.
- Double, triple or quadruple down on any two initial cards.
- Players can place a double down bet even after a split.
- Split hands of equal value.
- Only one split is allowed per hand.
- Players cannot double down after a split.
- Split aces only receive one additional card.
- Insurance is offered when the dealer shows an ace.
- Four side bets are available — Hot 3, 21+3, Bust It and Any Pair.
- There is no Six Card Charlie rule.
- Round is pushed when both hands tie.
- The basic strategy doesn’t apply to this blackjack game.