Dating back to as early as the 16th century, poker has been insanely popular for as long as anyone can remember. As its popularity grew, poker became an absolute staple in every casino and it’s hard not to see why. Poker is an incredibly fun game thatDating back to as early as the 16th century, poker has been insanely popular for as long as anyone can remember. As its popularity grew, poker became an absolute staple in every casino and it’s hard not to see why. Poker is an incredibly fun game that always keeps players on their toes, and, now that online casinos have entered the mix, this classic game just got a whole lot better. always keeps players on their toes, and, now that online casinos have entered the mix, this classic game just got a whole lot better.
Dating back to as early as the 16th century, poker has been insanely popular for as long as anyone can remember. As its popularity grew, poker became an absolute staple in every casino and it’s hard not to see why. Poker is an incredibly fun game that always keeps players on their toes, and, now that online casinos have entered the mix, this classic game just got a whole lot better. The possibilities are endless with online poker as it practically bursts with creativity, with features that take your gaming experience to a whole new level. If you’re unfamiliar with poker, then you’ve come to the right place. Poker rules may be a little extensive but are pretty easy once you get the hang of it. There may be some variation in poker rules between one variant and another, but the underlying gameplay remains the same – try and obtain a winning poker hand.
How to play poker step by step
As discussed earlier, poker rules vary from one poker variant to another when playing online, so this will only serve as a rough guide, taking Texas hold ‘em poker as an example.
To determine which player begins the game, each player is dealt one card face up. Whoever has the highest card value is the dealer. Before any cards are dealt, the player to the direct left of the dealer must bet the small blind. The player to the left of the small blind, must bet the big blind. These “blinds” are forced bets that help give players something to chase. The values of the small blind and big blind are generally decided before the poker game begins.
- During the first round of betting, a player receives two cards facedown. These are known as hole cards.
- In each betting round, a player will always have these options when it’s their turn to act: bet or raise, call or fold.
- A player would begin by receiving three community cards, known as the Flop, followed by a round of betting. The player to the left of the dealer will always start first.
- Once this betting round is over, players are dealt another community card, AKA the Turn. So, each active player would hold two hold cards and four community cards to try and make the best five-card hand. During this time another round of betting takes place, where players may choose to bet or raise, call or fold.
- This is then followed by the River where each player received one last community card. No other community cards will be dealt. At this point, players must show their hands.
- Whichever player holds the best hand wins the pot. Players may win a hand by using any combination of their two-hole cards and five community cards on the board to form the best five-card poker hand.
These are the basics of playing poker but always keep in mind that rules may vary. Some poker variants may feature fewer betting rounds, and so players get less chances where they can bet or raise.
Three Card Poker, for example, is one of poker’s fast-paced variants since the objective is to obtain a three-card hand rather than with five. Fewer community cards are dealt in this case, and the small and big blind are not featured either.
There are loads of poker variants out there to choose from, each with their own unique features and awesome gameplay. You’ll never know what to expect.
Variants of Poker
Different variants of online poker offer different gameplay and so there are a couple of different ways to play poker online. When playing at LV BET, players may also play poker online while on the go by playing on any iOS, Android or Windows mobile device. The best part? Online poker features an unlimited number of seats and so you never have to worry about seat capacity.
Although the aim of the game is to obtain the best poker hand, different variations offer different gameplay.
- Three Card Poker is played with a three-card hand, for example, instead of the standard five. Betting rounds also vary as you may also place an additional Play bet, or participate in bonus side bets like the 6 Card Bonus bet.
- Texas hold ’em poker also features new rounds of betting with features like a big blind. A feature such as this isn’t included in Three Card Poker for instance.
With a little bit of research, you will find tons of tips and tricks on how to play these fantastic poker variants. Try your luck for the best hand while also enjoying all the unique features you won’t find anywhere else.
Poker Tips and Tricks
Poker features many different hands and bets which may seem confusing to new players. Once you get the hang of it though, poker is pretty much plain sailing. When playing poker online, you will find many different variations with all sorts of challengers. Whether you’re an experienced player or not, online poker offers fun gameplay for everyone. There are a couple things to take note of when playing poker online for the first time. Here is what beginner players may expect when playing poker online.
- There will be about six chips to choose from on the user interface, each holding their own bet value. Players would use these chips to place bets. There are a number of different bets that can be placed which vary from one online poker variant to another. Participating in side bets gives players a chance of earning an even greater payout.
- The value of the hand you obtain depends on which cards make up that hand. For instance, the king card is the highest-valued card, and the 2 is the lowest-valued card. The ace can take both a high and a low value depending on the hand. The following is a full list of the hands a player may obtain in descending order: royal flush, straight flush, four of a kind, full house, flush, straight, three of a kind, two pair, one pair and high card.
- Players may discard cards they feel are of no use to try and obtain the best five-card hand possible out of seven. Devise a strategy for replacement cards with each round of betting and hope for the best result possible.
- It is recommended that beginners start off by practicing a couple of hands and placing small bets to get a feel of the game. It may be helpful to practice with LV BET’s RNG/First-Person poker demo before diving into more complex games. The demo version is a perfect way to get familiar with all the poker rules without having to risk real cash. Once you feel a little more confident, you may up the gaming ante and place larger bets or perhaps try out some new moves and play for a chance to win great payouts.
- Playing poker online is a lot different than playing poker in an actual land-based casino as there are many additional functions or poker rules featured in online poker. For this reason, it is important to always check out the rules before diving in headfirst, whether you’re a beginner or not. From side bets to a whole new layout, you never know what to expect with online poker. Become more poker savvy and learn the poker rules, research some strategies and place your ante bets. Try your luck for a winning poker hand when playing awesome games like Caribbean Stud Poker at LV BET.
Basic Poker Rules: How to bluff in poker?
A poker bluff is when a player places a bet or raises in an attempt to make their opponent fold with the aim of receiving the prize pot by default. So, if a player obtains a low valued hand, like a two pair, for example, that player may choose to raise the stakes to give off a certain persona that would make other players fold to avoid losing. Players may bluff at any point in time during the game. Experienced poker players bluff only at the best moment of opportunity – when they think their opponent is most likely to fold.
Although a bluff may be a good strategy to adopt, it is not a sure-fire way of winning. You may come across a player that might challenge your bluff by, for example, matching your bet or placing an even greater one. For this reason, it is important not to bluff too often as you may end up losing more than you win. Try your luck at a poker bluff, but always remember timing is key.
Although there are multiple strategies a player can adopt to try and obtain the best hand possible, none of the strategies guarantee a win. Like all other casino games, poker includes an element of chance and so there is no sure-fire strategy of winning. Each time cards are dealt in each betting round, the odds of winning always vary. Poker strategy may just simply boost your chances, but remember to always play responsibly.
Playing poker is fun and easy
Poker has been around for centuries and will continue to be enjoyed in the years to come. It is an incredibly fun and challenging game that features elements of both luck and skill. With ground breaking developers such as Evolution, there are tons of poker games popping up, with cutting-edge features and dynamic gameplay. At LV BET you will find tons of poker variants for you to enjoy, like the fan-favourite, Texas hold’em poker. Register at LV BET and enjoy all the spectacular features, gameplay and functions these poker games have to offer. Remember to always play responsibly!
LV BET features loads of poker variants with all-new features that make your gameplay extra spicy. We highly recommend giving Texas hold’em a whirl, maybe even Three Card Poker too. Play on desktop or mobile and experience all these brilliant poker games have to offer.