LV BET wants to ensure that its clients gamble in a responsible manner. We acknowledge that gambling can be addictive to some and affect their lives negatively. Since we care for our clients and want online gaming to be an enjoyable experience, we offer various measures for a client to gamble in a responsible manner. These can be set by the client and include the following:
- Set Limits on deposits
- Set Limits on wagers
- Set Limits on losses
- Set limits on game session
At LV BET we believe that sports betting and casino games should be played for fun and entertainment. However, we also realize that gambling can be addictive and there is a risk you could develop an addiction.
Responsible Gambling Tips
By making a few careful decisions about how to spend your time and money, gambling can remain fun and harmless.
Here is how you can control your gambling:
- Decide on a loss limit ahead of time and stick to it.
- Low-risk gambling is a way of playing with very little chance of losing control. The key to low-risk gambling is to realize that “it’s only a game”.
- Never borrow money to gamble.
- Set a time limit.
- Take frequent breaks.
- Balance gambling with other activities.
- Don’t gamble when highly stressed, depressed, intoxicated or troubled in some other way.
- Only gamble with money set aside for entertainment, never with money for everyday expenses.
If you are concerned that gambling may have taken over your or someone else’s life, then ask yourself the following questions:
- Have others ever criticized your gambling?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have gambled?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you gamble alone for long periods?
- Do you stay away from work or university to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- Are you reluctant to spend ‘gambling money’ on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or pastimes due to gambling?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
- Do you feel depressed or suicidal because of your gambling?
If you still have doubts, try self-test assessment tool available here.
Actions to take
LV BET provides a number of tools to help you maintain a healthy gaming experience.
SELF-EXCLUSION OR ACCOUNT CLOSURE
While most players will enjoy gambling without problems, we recognise that some may be experiencing gambling harms or are at risk of developing an addiction. To help vulnerable players, LV BET offers two options:
- Account closure
Players can self-exclude for periods ranging from 24 hours to 30 days.
If you wish to permanently self-exclude or close your account, please send the request to our Customer Support team at [email protected] or reach out on our Live Chat! We kindly ask You to request a withdrawal of any monetary funds left in Your Player's account.
The self-exclusion period can be shortened if the request is made in writing to our responsible gambling team at [email protected]. Requests are subject to a 24-hour or seven-day cooling-off period, depending on the nature of the closure.
The self-exclusion period can be extended on request and with immediate effect. Requests should be submitted to [email protected].
Access to closed accounts can be reinstated immediately, as long as the account closure was unrelated to problem gambling. To reinstate access to a closed account, the player must submit a formal request through our Customer Support team.
We reserve the right to keep accounts closed or deny a reactivation request, as per the decision made by our Responsible Gaming Department, to ensure the player's safety.
Contact us at [email protected] or our Customer Support team for more information about self-exclusion.
By setting a deposit limit, you are able to control the maximum amount of money you wish to pay into LV BET account over a chosen period of time. This limit allows you to control your spending and stops you from depositing more than you are financially comfortable with.
Example: If you decide that you want to deposit only 50 EUR per week, your weekly deposit limit will not allow you to deposit any more until after midnight on Sunday.
By setting a wager limit, you are able to control the maximum amount of money you wish to stake over a chosen period of time. This limit allows you to control your gameplay and stops you from wagering more than the chosen limit.
Example: If you decide that you want to wager only 100 EUR per day, your daily wager limit will not allow you to stake more than that until after midnight.
By setting a loss limit, you can control the maximum amount of your total balance (real funds and bonus funds) that can be lost over a specified period of time. This limit allows you to control the amount of money you can lose from your deposits and bonuses.
Example: If you set your loss limit to 20 EUR per month, your gameplay will be stopped if your total balance decreases by 20 EUR in total. So, if you deposit 50 EUR and start playing, gameplay will be stopped for this particular month once your total balance reaches 30 EUR - as you have lost 20 EUR.
Game Session Limit
By setting a game session limit, you are able to control the time spent playing on casino games with us per day. This limit allows you to control the duration of your casino gameplay and stops you from playing longer than the chosen time limit.
Example: If you decide that you can allow yourself to gamble for 2 hours per day, your daily limit will stop your casino gameplay after 120 minutes have passed.
By setting a Reality Check, you will be able to control the time you spend on our casino. A pop-up will remind you that a set amount of time has passed since you began playing.
Example: If you set a Reality Check for 120 minutes, you will receive a pop-up after 2 hours reminding you of the elapsed time. You can then decide to either stop or continue playing.
Protection of Minors
With the Internet so readily accessible in homes worldwide, responsible online gambling relies heavily on responsible parenting. To ensure child safety online, LV BET encourages its Players to make use of filtering software to prevent minors from accessing inappropriate online material. Underage gambling is illegal and can result in gambling dependencies and huge gambling debts incurred by unsupervised children.
Tips for Parents:
- Do not leave your computer unattended when your casino software is running.
- Password-protect your account
- Do not allow persons under 18 to participate in any gambling activity.
- Keep your login/account details and bank card(s) information out of reach of children.
- Do not save passwords onto your computer. Write them down instead.
- Limit the amount of time your children spend online and make use of software to prevent your children from accessing inappropriate material.
There are several third-party applications available that parents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict their computer’s access to the Internet. These include:
- Net Nanny filtering software protects children from inappropriate web content: www.netnanny.com
- CYBERsitter filtering software allows parents to add their own sites to block: www.cybersitter.com
For more information about raising awareness and understanding of emerging trends, as well as other issues regarding internet safety, we also recommend parents to visit the EU co-funded website: www.betterinternetforkids.eu
Support-line for gambling addicts
If you believe you might be addicted to gambling, we encourage you to seek help through these areas of our website and also contact us through email. You might also wish to contact the following independent organisations directly or anonymously. These organisations are professionally trained to help:
- www.gamblingcare.ie/ or call: 089 241 5401 - only for customers residing in Ireland.
You can also download a blocking tool "betblocker" here and block yourself from accessing gambling websites for a chosen period of time.
For more information related to gambling problems or limits, please do not hesitate to contact our competent and knowledgeable, responsible gambling team at [email protected].