First Person Blackjack Review
First Person Blackjack is a brilliant blackjack table that forms part of the Evolution (formerly known as Evolution Gaming) family. It completely redefines RNG gaming as you get to enjoy a 3D animated user interface to go along with the awe-inspiring gaming experience of this awesome table. Join us as we immerse ourselves into this RNG casino game and explore how Evolution made the gameplay mimic land-based casino gaming almost perfectly.
About First Person Blackjack — Evolution
First Person Blackjack offers a unique gaming experience as it features elements of both RNG and Live Casino gaming. Those who have played blackjack before should have no trouble picking up the gameplay, but they will immediately notice a few differences in these blackjack rules — the infamous Perfect Pairs and 21 + 3 bonus wagers are some of them!
Since it leans more towards the RNG side of gaming, this blackjack table is played in a virtual studio environment without a live dealer. Some might say that the true authentic casino experience is lost, but budding blackjack players may find the First Person Blackjack game particularly useful. There are no time restrictions when placing bets as on live tables, so you can take your time to read through the rules of the game and familiarise yourself without needing to skip a game round.
Keep reading to find out more about side bets, multi-hands and the amazing ‘GO LIVE’ function.
First Person Blackjack Gameplay
Like any other live blackjack table, players need to try and obtain a hand as close to 21 as possible, and closer to 21 than the dealer in order to win. If they surpass 21, they’ll go bust and lose the game round. With that said, players can win a round by:
- Earning a hand closer to 21 than the dealer.
- The dealer goes bust.
- Obtaining a hand consisting of an ace and a 10-point card that adds up to 21 exactly — also known as ‘blackjack’.
Knowledge of card values is crucial in this game. Cards ranging from two to 10 are taken at face value. Face cards like jacks, queens and kings all have a value of 10, and the ace cards are either counted as one or 11, depending on the state of your hand.
The game begins with a round of betting. You will find a number of coloured chips on your screen each holding its own value. Remember, there is no specific betting time you would need to adhere to, so take your time to decide. You can also choose to bet on up to five hands or place side bets to take things a step further, but this is completely optional. Once you’ve placed your bets, simply select the ‘DEAL NOW’ button and wait for your cards.
Upon receiving your first two cards, you must then decide how to act:
- Hit — Draw another card.
- Stand — Keep your current hand.
- Double Down — Double your bet and receive an additional card.
- Split — Split your cards into two separate hands.
- Insurance — When the dealer shows an ace, players will be given the option to make an insurance bet; although it is not recommended for basic strategy users. The game will be pushed if both you and the dealer earn a hand of the same value.
Remember, First Person Blackjack players are not time restricted, so you can go at your own pace and think your decisions through.
Bonuses and Special Features in First Person Blackjack
Evolution has incorporated quite a few beloved special features that truly gave the game its pizzazz. Let’s start with the interesting side bets:
The Perfect Pairs side bet offers a payout if your first two cards form a pair:
- Perfect Pair — A pair of cards of the same suit (eg: two queens of hearts).
- Coloured Pair — A pair of cards of the same colour but different suits (eg: three of diamonds, three of hearts).
- Mixed Pair — A pair of cards of different colours and different suits (eg: four of clubs, four of diamonds).
The 21+3 side bet offers a payout if you form a three-card poker hand from your initial two cards and the dealer’s upcard. These include suited trips, straight, flush and three of a kind.
The beauty about these side bets is that they still offer a payout even if you lose your main bet. They are completely optional so you can choose to abstain from placing one if you wish. If you’re interested in how these payout, you’ll find everything you need to know under the ‘?’ tab.
You might have noticed the ‘GO LIVE’ button on your virtual table. This button is an in-game portal that will transport you to one of Evolution’s live dealer games. So, if you want that authentic live blackjack experience, you don’t even need to exit the game! Simply click the ‘GO LIVE’ button and get ready for totally immersive live dealer gaming.
Evolution (formerly known as Evolution Gaming) truly set the bar with this First Person Blackjack game. Whether you’re a newbie learning the ropes or an experienced player, First Person Blackjack is perfect no matter your level of skill. Hit cards and place side bets as you enjoy an easy-to-use Evolution interface.
If you’d like to take a break from playing this blackjack table, you’ll find tons of live dealer games and live tables at LV BET! Play Lightning Roulette, Free Bet Blackjack or Side Bet City to get a taste of what the best casino experience is all about! Our impressive selection of online casino slots is guaranteed to wow you too. To make your Live Casino experience even tastier, we offer a myriad of LV BET casino bonus promotions too. Bear in mind that Terms and Conditions apply, so be sure to read through them.
While most of the same classic blackjack rules apply, there are some additional rules you should be aware of:
- Played with eight decks.
- There is no live dealer. The virtual dealer/house always stands on 17.
- Players can bet on up to five hands.
- Players can double down on any of their first two cards.
- Players cannot double down after a split.
- Initial cards of equal value can be split.
- Only one split is allowed per hand.
- Split aces receive only one additional card.
- Insurance is offered when the dealer shows an ace.
- Two optional side wagers are available.