Live Football Studio Review
Live Football Studio is a football-themed Live Casino game from Evolution (previously Evolution Gaming). Football Studio is a baccarat-style game that is incredibly easy to play and shares many similarities with Dragon Tiger, another Evolution game that’s immensely popular in casinos that operate in Asia. With the release of Live Football Studio, Evolution aimed to tap into the European market — and we all know what football means to European fans! Whether you’re one of the ultras or a casual spectator of the sport, you’ll find everything about Evolution's Live Football Studio easy to grasp. Want to learn more about this simple game? Stick around as we unpack what Football Studio is all about.
About Live Football Studio — Evolution
Football Studio is an online casino card game from Evolution, hosted by live dealers in a football pitch-themed studio, clad in red and blue. In short, it’s a top-card game for football fans! Live Football Studio is one of the most straightforward casino games around, giving players only three betting options: Home, Away or Draw. The minimum wager is relatively high, compared to most Live Casino tables from Evolution, but the gameplay is fast-paced and dynamic.
You can’t watch live football matches within the game, but if it’s a match day with ongoing fixtures then the latest scores will be displayed on the in-game screen. That’s exactly where you’ll find a marquee with the latest football news as well. During major football events, like the Euro 2020 (2021), you’ll have info on upcoming fixtures and a panel with the host’s predictions. Not a football fan? Don’t fret; you can still enjoy everything that this game has to offer if you’re looking for something similar to Dragon Tiger — you don’t have to engage with the football commentary or pay heed to the predictions and news headlines. This Live Casino game can also be played on mobile devices.
Ready to dive in? Let’s take a closer look at the gameplay.
If you’ve ever played baccarat, Casino War or blackjack, then you’ll quickly pick up Football Studio. This game is geared at sports fans but is quite easy to play and shares many similarities with another Evolution hit — Dragon Tiger. Here’s how this game is played:
You have a limited amount of time to place bets, the minimum wager is €1 (or currency equivalent), and the wagering limit is €1,000. Select a chip with your preferred bet value and place it on one of the three areas on the table: Home, Away or Draw. You aren’t playing against the house or other players; the objective is to successfully predict which of the two cards will have the highest card value or whether it will be a tie. The main bet is Home or Away and will pay 1:1 on a win. If the hands tie on points, then half of the main bet will be returned, and players who wagered on Draw will enjoy a payout of 11:1.
The live dealer will draw two cards, one for Home and one for Away, and the hand with the highest card wins! The rounds move quickly, but you can find gameplay statistics directly on the user interface. Data for the current streak will be prominently displayed on the red and blue shields behind the dealer. Once the streak is broken, the losing team’s score is flipped to zero.
The only thing you need to know before playing is how the cards rank. Be careful — unlike in Dragon Tiger, the ace is the highest-valued card. Here are the values, in ascending order: 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-J-Q-K-A.
RTP and House Edge
The Football Studio RTP differs depending on the wager you place. When wagering on Home or Away, you can expect an RTP of 96.27%. If you’re wagering on Draw, then the RTP drops to 89.64%. In terms of the house edge, this translates to 3.73% and 10.36%, respectively.
Bonuses and Special Features In Football Studio
In Football Studio, Evolution deliberately avoided adding too many bonuses and side bets to keep the game flowing smoothly and quickly. Although Football Studio is a simple game, players can still enjoy many quality-of-life features, like game history, Live Chat, multi-table gaming and everything you need to know about what’s currently happening in the world of football.
- Statistics — you can view the results of the previous 24 rounds directly on the user interface; the game history is located in the lower right corner. The outcomes will be displayed as H (Home), A (Away) and D (Draw).
- Live Chat — interact with the live dealer or other players as you move through the rounds. You can pose questions to the dealer about the game or have a casual chat if you feel like it.
- Football News — football news, match-day scores and previews of upcoming fixtures will be featured in the lower left-hand corner of the UI.
- Live Commentary — even if you aren’t playing on a match day, the dealers will occasionally comment on recent football matches and may share predictions for upcoming fixtures.
- Player Preference — just like in baccarat and Dragon Tiger, you can view the bet distribution of the current round. This will be displayed directly above the betting options, indicating a percentage of players that wagered on each option.
- Multi-table Gameplay — hit the ‘+Table’ button to add more live tables to your gaming station! You can play up to four Live Casino games at once but be wary of doing so on a small monitor; the game’s interface may be too small for you to notice a misclick on a larger chip or the wrong wager!
If you’re looking for entertaining yet straightforward Live Casino gameplay, then this football-themed hit from Evolution may have exactly what you seek. Fast rounds, simple gaming and a chance to win cash — what’s not to love? Play at LV BET and see if your wagers find the back of the net!
The game is played with eight decks on a table that’s designed to resemble a football pitch. The rules of play are simple:
- There are only three betting options; wager on the hand you think will have the highest score and/or back it up with a Draw bet.
- The dealer will place two cards on the table (face up); the hand with the higher value wins.
- The cards are ranked as follows: 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-J-Q-K-A.
- Home and Away bets pay 1:1 on a win.
- Half of the player's main bet is returned in case of a tie, and those who wagered on Draw will enjoy a payout of 11:1.
- The RTP on the main bet is 96.27% and 89.64% on the Draw bet.