Champions League Betting
The UEFA Champions League is among the most prestigious football tournaments in the world and the number one football competition in Europe. It is organised by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) and is contested annually by top-division European clubs.
Dive into some Champions League betting at our LV BET Sportsbook, where you can enjoy all the best parts of this great football league — massive matches, comprehensive markets and unbeatable odds. We’ll give you the Champions League exclusive as you sit fieldside and cheer on all your favourite big-game players. Get up to speed with everything you need to know about the UEFA Champions League, and you’ll be performing hat tricks in no time. We may pass you a few Sportsbook bonuses along the way too! Are you ready to kick off? Then huddle up, and let’s begin.
About Champions League
The UEFA Champions League was once known as the Coupe des Clubs Champions Européens, or simply the European Cup, when it was introduced in 1955. Initially, the competition was a straight knock-out tournament open only to the champions of Europe’s domestic leagues. However, in 1991, a round-robin group stage was added, reshaping the competition. This was formalised when the tournament took on its current name in 1992.
The new concept closely resembled the format of the FIFA World Cup, having a group stage followed by a knock-out phase. And with the introduction of this mini-league group system, the popularity of the Champions League skyrocketed. Over time, the UEFA expanded to include more clubs. While it began with eight clubs, the league now includes 32 clubs; qualification for the Champions League tournament depends on individual league levels and table positions at the end of a season. In some countries like England, the top four teams at the end of the season are automatically added to the Champions League roster, while clubs in smaller football nations battle it out with other clubs through both qualifying rounds and play-off rounds.
All 32 teams are drawn into eight groups of four to go head to head in a double round-robin system. The winner and runner-up of each group proceed to the knock-out stage to decide the winner of the Champions League. The winner then qualifies for the following year’s Champions League as well as the UEFA Super Cup and the FIFA World Cup.
Champions League Star Players
As you begin your Champions League online betting adventure, some of the first things you need to do is become familiar with the league itself, the individual matches and even the teams and players. The more knowledge you have of the competition, the better your betting decisions will be.
Many great players have come and gone in the history of the Champions League, but there have been a few that truly stood out above the rest. Below we have compiled a list of some of the greatest players that have competed in this fantastic football tournament.
- Cristiano Ronaldo — The debate over whether Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi is the GOAT has gone on for ages. Ronaldo won his first Champions League in 2008 when he played with Manchester United, defeating Chelsea in Moscow. He scored 17 goals in the 2013/14 season, 16 in the 2015/16 season, 12 in the 2016/17 season and 15 in the 2017/18 season. It is safe to say that Ronaldo is a Champions League legend.
- Lionel Messi — Lionel Messi is a four-time winner of the Champions League. Having scored 117 goals, Messi even has a better goals-per-game ratio than Ronaldo. He has delivered some incredible moments, from the four-goal display against Arsenal in 2010 to the dribble and finish against Real Madrid in 2016. Messi easily scores number two on this list.
- Sergio Ramos — Sergio Ramos is a world-class Spanish defender for Real Madrid that has aided the team in dominating this European tournament. Throughout his career, Ramos has provided crucial, game-changing moments for Real Madrid, including scoring two headers in four minutes in the 2014 match against Munich, forcing extra time in the final by scoring in the 93rd minute, among many other jaw-dropping moments.
- Andres Iniesta — Andres Iniesta is a Spanish midfielder and is considered one of the best midfielders of all time. He played for Barcelona for the majority of his career, where he served as captain for three seasons. His outstanding touches and passes are unmistakable, as they have often aided in turning the tides in his team’s favour.
- Paolo Maldini — Paolo Maldini is an Italian former pro footballer who played for AC Milan. He was a two-time winner of the European Cup and went on to play six more finals after the league rebranded in 1992. Maldini won three of the six finals he played and was named Man of the Match in his 2003 final against Juventus.
Champions League Betting Options
Now that you’ve gotten an idea of how the tournament works, the next step is becoming familiar with your betting options. You’ll find a multitude of choices across different sportsbooks, but we’ll take you through some of the most common types of bets you can place. Many of these bets would be similar to those offered in other sports, so you shouldn’t find difficulty learning the ropes.
Many newbie players start with the match winner bet. This wager is one of the most popular types of bets and is very common across sportsbooks. Why? The match winner is very straightforward while also providing high entertainment value, making it an excellent choice for beginners and veterans alike. Similar to the match winner, the tournament winner is also a common option you’ll come across. But unlike the match winner, this wager is much riskier. While it is also easy to place, this bet requires players to predict the Champions League winner, requiring much more market knowledge.
Once you feel ready for the next level of Champions League betting, you can dive into more specific bets. Wagers like the top goal scorer and team to score next will keep you on the edge of your seats as the risk level is dialled up, adding a layer of anticipation. Point spreads, parlays and proposition bets are among the bets that help add some spice to your betting. Over/under betting is also a popular choice. Remember to weigh the odds before you place any high-risk bets. Sometimes it is recommended to do a little research to help you make more informed betting decisions.
It is always essential to have a good bankroll strategy in place when it comes to sports betting. There are many incredible moments in Champions League matches, and while it is fun cheering on your favourite teams, it can be easy to get lost in all the excitement.
Having a bankroll strategy will aid you to be mindful about how much you’re betting while also safeguarding your funds. It’ll help you bet within your limits so that you won’t have to throw in the towel right when things are getting good. Our Responsible Gaming tools are also available if you ever need any additional assistance; you can set limits on deposits, wagers and session duration or exclude entirely for a definite period.
Champions League Betting at LV BET
Are you ready to boot your competition? Enjoy a fantastic sports betting experience at our LV BET Sportsbook, where you’ll be given the full Champions League scoop. Brace yourself as hot Champions League matches, comprehensive betting markets and unmatched Champions League odds are all coming your way at our Sportsbook.
As you watch impressive throw-ins and phenomenal goals, you can also take a quick look at the other sports events we offer. Our long list of sports leagues is packing heat as you get to enjoy epic takedowns in boxing, smash some pucks in ice hockey games or spawn into the battlefield in esports tournaments — anything is possible at LV BET!
While you’re at it, we’ll help you keep track of everything with our Sportsbook mobile app. Download our app, and we’ll keep you in the loop with everything going on in the sports world. Track all your favourite tournaments while also taking advantage of prematch betting and Live Match Tracking. To top this brilliant sports betting experience off, we also offer rewarding Sportsbook bonuses!
Keep in mind that Sportsbook bonuses come with Terms and Conditions that detail how the bonus can be used. It is crucial that you read through these terms before you claim anything, as they include important specifications and eligibility criteria, like wagering requirements, expiration dates, qualifying bets and jurisdictional limitations.