Wales vs England brings a home nation derby to Qatar as the old foes will battle it out in the final FIFA World Cup 2022 Group B contest. It promises to be a thriller given the stakes of reaching the second round of the tournament. Here at the LV BET Sportsbook, we will provide the best and most competitive betting markets and odds for Qatar 2022 wagering.
You can expect the following from reading our guide:
- Are Wales up for the challenge?
- Can England hold their nerve?
- Wales vs England betting tips
- A look at our FIFA World Cup 2022 Group B betting markets
Can Wales Cause A Stir?
Wales qualified for the World Cup for the first time since 1958 after beating Ukraine in their UEFA playoff showdown in Cardiff. Andriy Yarmolenko’s own goal was enough to send the Dragons through to the competition, sparking massive celebrations.
Wales made a huge impact in Euro 2016 by reaching the semi-finals, punching well above their weight under Chris Coleman. They could not find the same magic at Euro 2020, but few teams will relish playing Rob Page’s side at Qatar 2022.
Wales Top Scorers FIFA World Cup Qualifying
Wales will be reliant on the form of Bale at the Qatar 2022 dates as he practically carried them through the FIFA World Cup 2022 qualifiers. The forward always raises his game at an international level and, at his best, is one of the top talents in world football. His form in 2016 was a large part of why Wales advanced to the latter stages and if they harbour hope of another deep surge, he will have to be on form from the off. Players such as Wilson and Moore will also play their part, but it’s clear the Dragons need Bale in his prime.
Rob Page inherited the managers from Ryan Giggs and steered the country into their first World Cup in 64 years. He does not have experience, but his players clearly believe in him and that could be crucial to getting out of FIFA World Cup 2022 Group B.
Will England Deliver On Potential?
England has been excellent in their last two major competitions but has narrowly fallen short of silverware. The Three Lions reached the semi-finals of the 2018 World Cup for the first time since 1990, only to be beaten by Croatia. Gareth Southgate’s men were then beaten in the final of Euro 2020 by Italy on penalties. They’ve been close, but not quite close enough, placing the emphasis on getting over the line in Qatar 2022.
England Top Scorers FIFA World Cup 2022 Qualification
England was extremely impressive in their bid for the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification, winning eight of their 10 matches. The spine of the team has been set for the past four years under Kane’s leadership, so many will be looking for him to be influential in the final third along with Sterling.
Meanwhile, Saka, Phil Foden and Jack Grealish are an exciting combination in the middle of the park in support of the forward line. England is certainly blessed with a lot of talent but needs to make it count. Southgate has pushed a significant improvement in form since his appointment in 2016. The only missing element is the trophy, which he will be desperate to win in the Qatar World Cup 2022.
Betting tips and odds on Wales vs England in FIFA World Cup 2022 Group B
The contest between Wales vs England promises to be a thriller in FIFA World Cup 2022 Group B. The two sides faced off at Euro 2016 where England edged out a narrow 2-1 win. It should be another close contest as Wales will raise their game against the Three Lions.
England has not been in prime form but should have enough to secure another close victory, so take them in the full-time result market. Look for Maguire as an anytime scorer from a set piece, which should have decent odds. The correct score market should be considered with another 2-1 win for England, with an anytime goal for Bale as well.
Wales vs England at LV BET
At LV BET there are a number of betting markets to consider with great odds when lining up a wager on Wales vs England at Qatar 2022. The standout betting options include:
- Full-Time Result – On this betting market you simply select the outcome of the match. Either a win for Wales, England or a draw. It’s the most routine betting option.
- Handicap Betting – LV BET will assign Wales and England values based on who is the favourite. The scoreline dictates whether one team will beat the spread or fail. It does provide better value odds than the full-time result.
- Over/Unders – You can bet on a number of match events on over/under markets such as goals, corners, bookings, offsides, free-kicks and more. All you have to do is pick whether the value assigned by LV BET will be over or under.
- Player Markets – Player betting markets are one of the most popular bets, such as picking the first goalscorer, anytime goalscorer, bookings, red cards, and offsides among others.
- Bet Builders – LV BET’s bet builders allow you to combine all of the above markets and more into one bet on a single game, improving the value of your odds.