Poland vs Argentina has the potential to be one of the defining fixtures of FIFA World Cup 2022 Group C as Robert Lewandowski and Lionel Messi face off. There will be no shortage of drama. Luckily, LV BET Sportsbook are ready for the action to kick off and will have the betting angles covered for the contest, with a great array of markets and odds. In this betting guide we will break down the following:
- Can Poland end their knockout drought?
- Will the pressure get to Argentina?
- Our betting tips for Poland vs Argentina
- A break down FIFA World Cup 2022 Group C betting markets
Will Poland Advance for the First Time Since 1986?
Poland performed well during the FIFA World Cup 2022 qualifiers, finishing second behind England with six victories from their 10 matches. They were able to advance with a walkover against Russia in their first playoff before defeating Sweden 2-0 to secure their place at Qatar 2022, courtesy of goals from Lewandowski and Piotr Zielinski.
The Poles now need to channel that form into the World Cup, where they’ve not reached the knockout stage since 1986. It will take a place special effort to rise to the occasion against Argentina, but it could define their tournament and spark something special.
Poland Top Scorers FIFA World Cup Qualifying
Lewandowski is the ace in the hole for Poland at the tournament. Few players in the world are better than the forward in front of goal, and he displayed his predatory instincts during the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification period. He is not in the prime of his career anymore, but with this being his last World Cup, it’s inevitable that he will be desperate to make an impact. Poland do have promising players such as Buksa and Swiderski, but Lewandowski has to do the heavy lifting, especially against Argentina.
Poland manager Czeslaw Michniewicz inherited the reins after the surprise exit of Paulo Sousa, but he rallied the team to guide them past Sweden. FIFA World Cup 2022 Group C is not the toughest, which will give the Poles a chance, but Michniewicz and his team will have to be at their best throughout.
All Eyes On Messi and Argentina
Argentina embark on another World Cup campaign with high levels of expectation. The Albiceleste were knocked out in the round of 16 in 2018, losing out in a seven-goal thriller to France. Four years prior, Argentina lost out in the final to Germany. It’s fair to say they have unfinished business in Qatar 2022 after being beaten by the two winners of the last two World Cups.
The Albiceleste were impressive during qualifying, finishing second behind Brazil to earn their Qatar 2022 dates. Having conquered the Copa America at long last with their triumph in 2021, there will be a belief that they can go all the way.
Argentina Top Scorers FIFA World Cup 2022 Qualification
|Angel Di Maria||Midfielder||13||3|
Messi is the key for Argentina in what could be his last World Cup. He finally won a major international competition with the Albiceleste after their triumph in the Copa America, but he and his teammates will be desperate to win the Qatar World Cup 2022 to match the achievement of the great Diego Maradona. Messi is not operating at the peak of his powers anymore, but does have support from Martinez, Di Maria and Paulo Dybala in the final third.
The balance Argentina have in their squad could give them and advantage over their rivals. Manager Lionel Scaloni has already guided his team to one major crown, and another would set him apart as one of the great Argentina managers of all-time. A lot of legacies are at stake.
Betting tips and odds on Poland vs Argentina in FIFA World Cup 2022 Group C
The clash between Poland vs Argentina could have huge ramifications in FIFA World Cup 2022 Group C and the rest of the tournament. It is the last game of Group C and may hold the fate of both teams’ prospects over the course of the 90 minutes. Argentina need Messi to perform, while Poland need Lewandowski at his best.
Back both to score anytime during the contest, but this match will not finish as a draw. Argentina have too much strength in depth, so take them on the full-time result market and for the correct score for a 3-1 win. Given the amount of goals that are being scored take the over 2.5 goals market as well for this contest.
Poland vs Argentina at LV BET
There are multiple betting markets that stand out for Poland vs Argentina betting at the LV BET Sportsbook in this FIFA World Cup 2022 Group C clash.
- Full-Time Result – This is a market where you simply predict the outcome of the game. A win for Poland or Argentina or a draw are all in play.
- To Win Both Halves – On this market you answer yes or no to whether either Argentina or Poland will win both halves of the contest. It can be a trickier bet as a team can win the match without winning both halves.
- Over/Unders – LV BET will select values for certain match events such as goals, corners, free-kicks, bookings and offsides among many others. All you have to do is pick whether the correct value will be over or under.
- Player Markets – With Messi and Lewandowksi playing, player markets will be very popular for this Poland vs Argentina contest. You can back markets such as anytime goalscorer, first/last goalscorer, bookings and shots on target with these bets.
- Bet Builders – This market allows you to combine several markets from Poland vs Argentina betting options into one single-game acca, improving the value of your odds. The reward can be greater, although it does come at a risk.